CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
CHILDREN AND ACCOMPANYING PERSONS
Due to pharma code regulations, children and accompanying persons are not permitted in the exhibition area or the session rooms at any time. Due to these regulations, children and accompanying persons will not be permitted beyond the registration area. There is no social programme for accompanying persons.
An application will be made to the EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance including CME Credits, upon completion of the Congress Survey. The survey will be emailed to your registration email address after the Congress. On completion of the survey you will be able to print your certificate. Certificate of Attendance will NOT BE printed onsite in Prague.
SOE 2021 Congress is moving towards being paperless and delegates will no longer receive the printed final programme but instead a small pocket programme with the programme overview.
All of the content of the programme will be found within the Congress App plus much more. The App can be downloaded approximately one week in advance for IOS or Android free of charge, even before you have registered onsite. Registered delegates will receive information on downloading the App before arriving at the meeting.
All Italian Pharmaceutical Companies who need to obtain AIFA’s approval must contact:
Aria di Viaggi Srl
Via M. Bandello, 1
The official language of the Congress is English. No simultaneous translation will be provided.
The currency for the Czech Republic is Czech Koruna CZK click here for more details
LUNCH AND REFRESHMENTS
No official meals will be provided during SOE 2021. A number of coffee/snack points will sell sandwiches and snacks. Tea and coffee are provided twice a day during the Congress open days.
The Opening ceremony will be held at the Prague Congress Centre, date and time to be announced . It is open to all registered participants.
The SOE 2021 Congress will take place at the Prague Congress Centre Prague, Czech Republic. For More details concerning the location and facilities of the Prague Congress Centre visit: https://www.praguecc.cz/en/homepage
The Prague Congress Centre is adjacent to the Vyšehrad station on Line C of the Prague underground railway network, providing convenient access by public transport from the city’s airport and all major rail and bus stations.
Maps, timetables, fares and route planning are available in English on the Prague Public Transport website www.dpp.cz/en/
Information about arrivals by air and train can be found at the following links:
Are you coming by car?
The Prague Congress Centre is adjacent to the North-South Prague City Expressway – follow the road signs for Kongresové centrum Praha.
Some countries need a visa to enter the Czech Republic. Participates are encouraged to contact their local Czech embassy or consulate to enquire if they require a visa. It is important to start the process at least 3 months prior to the SOE 2021 Congress.
CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION OF THE MEETING DUE TO FORCE MAJEURE
In case of force majeure, SOE 2021, has the right to alter or cancel the Meeting without prior notice, however a notice of the occurrence shall be given by SOE 2021 as soon as reasonably possible. Force majeure shall mean any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of SOE 2021 which prevents or impedes the holding of the Congress, including, but not limited to, government action, war or hostilities, riot or civil commotion, plague or other epidemic such as SARS, bird flu, earthquake, flood, hurricane, cyclone, fire or other natural physical disaster, explosion, accident or breakdown, strike, lack of the usual means of transportation or terrorism. SOE 2021 shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential damages, losses, expenditures or any other inconveniences or costs caused by such modification or cancellation of the Congress. Furthermore, registration fees will not be reimbursed by SOE 2021.
SOE 2021 and Simply Events (UK) Ltd cannot accept liability for injuries or losses of whatever nature incurred by participants nor for loss of or damage to their luggage and/or personal belongings. Please check the validity of your own travel insurance. All reasonable endeavours will be made to hold SOE 2021 and to present its program as scheduled under circumstances which assure the comfort and safety of all participants. However, neither SOE 2021 nor its committees, representatives or agents, shall be held liable by any person as a result of the cancellation of the Congress or of any of the arrangements, programs or plans connected therewith, or for any injury, damage or inconvenience which may be suffered by any person while travelling to or from, or during such person’s presence in Nice in connection with SOE 2021. Participants are fully liable for damages caused to third parties and property. All delegates shall have a valid, fully comprehensive third-party liability insurance.
The European Society of Ophthalmology (SOE) maintains this website with the purpose of enhancing public access to information about its activities. It is SOE’s intention and goal to keep this information as timely and accurate as possible and errors that are brought to our attention will be corrected.
However, SOE cannot guarantee – and makes no warranties as to – the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of this information. SOE assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this website and further disclaims any liability of any nature for any loss whatsoever caused in connection with using the information on this website.
SOE may change the information on this site at any time without prior notice. Hyperlinks to external sites or sources are provided for convenience only. SOE assumes no responsibility for, nor approval of, information contained in those external sites.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However, we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by technical problems. SOE accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites. This disclaimer is not intended to contravene any requirements laid down in applicable national law or to exclude liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
When you visit our website some personal information may be collected by SOE. We will only use such information for the purposes of (i) administering certain programmes as identified to you at the time of collection, (ii) a form where the information is no longer identifiable with you, for statistical and marketing analyses and (iii) registration to the congress for which SOE is an organiser or co-organiser.
SOE is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of your information very seriously. SOE requires certain information to allow your registration. SOE collects the details provided by you, together with information it learns about you form your use of SOE service and your visits to the SOE website and other sites accessible from them. SOE also collects information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used. SOE will also use your contact details to communicate with you.
Data protection and security are important to us, as is your trust in our society and services. The SOE is committed to process your personal data responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws. This Online Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process your personal data when you use www.soe2021.org (including any sub-sites thereof, such as the official websites of the SOE society www.soevision.org).
This policy covers SOE 2021 use of personal information that is collected when you use www.soe2021.org. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information SOE will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Collection, use and storage of your personal information
- We collect and process your personal data responsibly and in accordance with legal requirements. We process it only for the purposes for which you provide the personal data to us or as set forth in this Online Privacy Notice.
- We apply technical and organisational security measures adequate to the risk to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the personal data collected through this website. We store your personal data only to the extent and for as long as this is necessary for SOE to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected, or, when applicable, as long as SOE is legally required to retain the personal data.
- Collection, retention and use of personal information may occur if a user interacts with the SOE 2021 website, by either registering with the site or participating in one of SOE services. Users may be required to provide an email address, so that SOE 2021 is able to respond to inquiries and/or requests.
- SOE may use email addresses provided by users to notify them of upcoming events organised or approved by SOE. Users who do not wish to receive such emails should not opt-in when registering or interacting with the SOE website. Users are able to opt-out or change their preferences for receiving such information at any time.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Sharing of your personal information
- In connection with the services provided on the website, it may be necessary to share your personal data with external service providers or professionals
- Specifically, such sharing of data may be necessary to respond to your inquiry, to provide access to additional information, to manage your participation in Congresses, SOE Grant applications, SOE Fellowships applications. SOE Committees or to follow up on your inquiry and inform you on new services or offers.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information SOE holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to the SOE Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer, which are used to store information that would otherwise be lost when the browser was closed. When a user logs onto SOE’s websites, a cookie is created and placed on the computer so the user can access the restricted content. The cookie contains no personal information and is used by the website to automatically log in the user on subsequent visits.
- A unique number called an IP address identifies each computer on the Internet. Each time users connect to the Internet, their computer is assigned an IP address. When users connect to SOE’s website, the IP address is stored for statistical purposes.
- For full information on Cookies and how SOE uses them please visit https://soevision.org/cookie-policy/
- External links
SOE’s website contains links to other external websites that do not fall under its domain. SOE is not responsible for the privacy practices and the content of such external websites.
SOE does not sell or give away personal information to third parties.
SOE is the controller in relation to the collection and processing of personal data through this website. SOE is a Society incorporated under the laws of The Netherlands. Our Secretariat office is based in the United Kingdom.
Updated November 2020